Those following this blog will know we post a lot of technical assets on the Okta products from a technical specialist perspective, such as the how-to’s that aren’t obvious from product documentation or cross-product solutions to address specific use cases.
But did you know there are some community assets published by Okta in addition to published documentation? I thought it worthwhile to highlight a few as they often contain updates from Product Management and other official sources.
The Okta Community is a collection of assets provided by Okta to help customers and partners in the use of Okta’s products.
- Overview and FAQ pages
- A Getting Started Guide written as a lab guide to get you familiar with the basic concepts and components of OIG
- Release Notes, which are very useful as new features are being introduced regularly
- Recent and popular knowledge articles, including some copies of articles on iamse.blog.
- Common and recently answered questions
The Questions Forum is the place to go to see and post questions. This may be a valuable alternative to logging a support ticket. You can filter by specific products.
- New Okta Identity Governance (OIG) Features from Jul 20. This covers the new Workflows integration and User Access Certification (UAR)
- Automate with Okta Identity Governance APIs from May 9.
- Do more with Okta Identity Governance and Okta Workflows from May 9.
We encourage all OIG users to register for the community, look at the product pages (such as OIG, Workflows, LCM, UD), leverage the assets already there and make use of the new discussion group.